We have done a system copy of Solman 7 Ehp 1.0 in our landscape to do some task. We followed the guide Homogenous System Copy for the same & choose Standard Installation.
We have done the system copy with new SID.
If you want to use this copied system as your source system then Solman required a lot of post processing steps as there is an details of managed systems in SMSY.
below some remembered steps that need to check after system copy. may be i have forgotten something…..
1. solman_setup – reconfiguraiton.
2. SM59 – delete the source and create new.
3. SAPSLDAPI – delete the old source system details and create new details in visual admin.
4. SLDAPICUST – Check username and password.
5. SLDCHECK – Check SLD working correctly.
6. SMSY – Check ABAP and SLD connectivity after creating new managed system.
7. Maintenance Optimizer – Check Maintenance Transaction is working and locating to correct hostname.
8. SLD Configuration – Configure SLD and check locating to correct hostname.
For Upgrade Planning of our Current Solman 7.01 to 7.1, we need to create our system in SMSY. we received a below error in SMSY, After creating a self SOLMAN system(new SID) in SMSY, while saving it failed with internal error with below dump in ST22.
RFC state: ” “
RFC error text: “RFC_ERROR_SYSTEM_FAILURE”
CPI-C error text: “Server repository could not create function template for
‘FM_DIAGLS_NOTIFY_JAVA’ caused by: com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (103) “
we also read the same details in dev_jtrfc and find RFC_ERROR.
we searched & find that SMSY is not able to read the java system details and get failed in this step. we crosschecked SLDCHECK & SLDAPICUST, all are working fine.
Correct solution in our case. (Hostname is wrong in SLD parameters)
1. Open SLD (http://hostname:port/sld)
2. Login via j2ee_admin or equivalent privileges user.
3. Go to Administration – Profile Parameters
4. Choose Server Settings.
5. Check Object Server name..
In our case Object server pointing to our OLD source system, we change it our new system then re run our Landscape Fetch job.
now the job is successful and we get the all details of our new SOLMAN system in SMSY.