SAPSR3 user locked.

Recently we find an issue that while starting SAP via SAP MMC, work process stop in Ended status. We found in developer trace that it’s a database connectivity issue. In some cases connectivity from SAP to Database does not happen due to SAPSR3 user locked.

Steps to find the issue in Windows Environment.

1. Go to CMD – R3trans -d (it ended with return code 0012)

2. Read the trans.log & search if there any user lock issue found.

if YES then go to below procedure to resolved.

1. Stop the SAP process in SAP MMC.

1. go to sqlplus via “CMD – sqlplus / as sysdba

2. execute statement to check which user(SAPSR3) is locked.

select username, account_status from dba_users;

find the list of dba users with their status. if SAPSR3 user is locked then execute this below statement to unlock.

alter user SAPSR3 account unlock;

again execute to check whether it’s successful or not.

select username, account_status from dba_users;

if successful log out from SQL & execute “R3trans -d“. it finish with RC=0000.

START SAP & it will start.